Trusted Partner for Fuel Cycle SolutionsFor more than 50 years, NAC International has been a leading provider of nuclear fuel cycle technology and consulting solutions – serving more than 200 customers, including leading nuclear utilities, supplier companies, governments, agencies, and the investment and financial communities.
Founded in 1968 as Nuclear Assurance Corporation, NAC was recognized early on for its pioneering nuclear market information services and used fuel storage cask design and licensing, winning the respect of a burgeoning nuclear sector.
With innovative engineering and flexible approaches, NAC solves some of the world’s most vexing nuclear fuel and waste management challenges supported by an internationally recognized team of industry experts. NAC International is the nuclear solutions partner an entire industry has come to trust.
Our CapabilitiesNAC International provides nuclear market capabilities in the following areas:
Storage TechnologiesTransportable storage solutions for used nuclear fuel, including design, licensing, and implementation.
Transport SystemsSolutions that include transport cask design, planning, shipment, safeguards, and safety.
Consulting ServicesNuclear materials expertise and consulting, including market insights, performance assessments, material control and accountability (MC&A), and training.
AchievementsNAC International is proud of its long history and record of accomplishments – unrivaled in its sector.
- International deployment of transportable storage systems – including to Zion, the largest dry storage used nuclear fuel project for a U.S. decommissioned plant
- Development of MAGNASTOR®, the highest spent fuel assembly capacity and most efficient transportable storage technology in the United States.
- Major U.S. Department of Energy projects, including securing plutonium-bearing fuel at the BN-350 reactor in Kazakhstan, spent fuel stabilization in North Korea involving loading of 800 sealed canisters, removing highly enriched uranium fuel from Iraq after the Gulf War, and retrieving highly enriched nuclear fuel from foreign research reactors to the United States.
- Contractor for major U.S. Department of Energy design, engineering and fabrication programs, including at Hanford, Savannah River Site and Oak Ridge.
- Design, licensing, and fabrication of more than 500 transportable used fuel storage systems, the LWT truck transport casks, and the STC dual purpose rail transport casks.
- Specialized cask services for the DOE, including design of a unique transport cask for Californium and support for recertification of the Paducah Tiger UF6 transport overpack, including drop test analysis.
- Proven experience in commercial and government nuclear material safeguards management.
- A key member of the Consolidated Interim Storage Industry initiative with Interim Storage Partners, in Andrews, Texas.
Navigating Nuclear: Energizing Our WorldNAC International is proud to sponsor Navigating Nuclear: Energizing Our World™, an exciting new program from the American Nuclear Society and Discovery Education that provides students and educators the tools they need to explore nuclear science and explore its role in future technological applications.
This new, dynamic, standards-aligned program invites students to explore the many applications of nuclear science and its impact on energy, healthcare, food, and the environment. This program provides classroom resources, career profiles, a virtual field trip to a nuclear facility, and FAQs about nuclear science and technology.